A 2K acrylic urethane coating developed for
restoration work, coating frames, engine
compartments, exterior panels and other surfaces
that a black satin finish is required.
• Has excellent adhesion and chemical resistance.
• Formulated for long term durability.
• 1 Full wet coat followed by 1 medium coat.
Allow 5-10 minutes flash time between coats
• Surface should be cleaned of all grease, oil, dirt, rust, etc before applying DI-HRB Hot Rod Black. If necessary clean surface with an engine cleaner to remove heavy deposits of grease and oil. Wash area with soap and warm water. Thoroughly clean area with Wax and Grease Remover.
Cold Rolled Steel, Galvanized Steel & Galvaneal:
• Sand area with 180-220 grit sandpaper. Reclean with wax and grease remover.
• Scuff surface with a red scuff pad General Purpose Maroon Pad or equivalent.
• Re-clean with wax and grease remover. Do not use coarse grit sandpaper.
• Dust Free: 10-15 minutes
• Flash Time: 5-10 minutes
• Tack Free: 10-15 minutes. @ 75°F
• Purge Time: 10-15 minutes.
• Bake: 10 min. @ 120°F
• Air Dry: 8-12 hrs. @ 75°F
• Pot Life: 5 hours @ 68°F-75°F
• Shelf Life: One Year (unopened)
RECOATABILITY / REPAIR:
• After cool down
• 3-4 hours @ 75°F If recoating after 24 hours, scuff sand with 1200-1500 grit sandpaper before recoating.
• Rigid plastics
• Self-etch and epoxy primers
• Polyester and urethane primers
• OEM finishes
• Conventional Gravity 1.3mm-1.4mm 40-45 psi @ gun
• Siphon 1.3mm-1.4mm 40-45 psi @ gun
• HVLP 1.3mm-1.4mm 8-10 psi @ gun
• Make sure product is at room temperature 72˚F (22.2˚C) before mixing
• For higher gloss apply 2 full wet coats instead of 1 full wet coat followed by 1 medium coat.
• If recoating after 24 hours, sand with 1000 grit sandpaper before recoating.
PART NUMBER INFORMATION:
HOT ROD BLACK : DI-HRB (GALLONS & QUARTS)
MEDIUM ACTIVATOR : DI-HRBMA (QUARTS) DI-HRB04 (8oz)
SLOW ACTIVATOR : DI-HRBSA (QUARTS) DI-HRB06 (8oz)